+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will oval port intake work on rectangular port heads ?

Cool Will oval port intake work on rectangular port heads ?

Hello everyone , I'm new to this site ( looks pretty good too )
    I have a 68'427 w / rectangular port heads , I bought a edelbrock performer 2.0 from this guy on craigslist .the seller swears this intake will work for my application . Any info would be appreciated

First Welcome aboard coporat , as far as the intake if it is for a 9.8 deck height and has rectangular ports the intake should work unless modified for some other custom application.
    What makes you have questions on this intake? Have you received it yet if so have your tried to install it. Or dose your question pertain to performance. Give us a more in depth on the motor you plan to install the intake on.
    Thanks Steve

'Stop telling God how big your storm is.
    Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!'

Coporat:I do not think a oval port intake will work with the rectangular port cylinder heads.I checked with a rectangular intake gasket and laid it on a oval port aluminum intake I had laying around the garage and it would seal around the bottom of the port,but had a gap at the top.Major vacum leak!

Hi 396 I guess I missed that part the performer 2 must be oval port..... Thanks
    Thanks Steve

'Stop telling God how big your storm is.
    Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!'

Hi , I know square port intake will work on oval port heads , as per 400hp 427 corvettes , I don't think it will work the outer way round. Don

Sq. port manifold will work on oval port heads with the sq. port gasket but the oval port manifold will not work on sq. port heads as the port on the head will be outside of the intake port.

sounds good to me

JD Morris is offline Administrator <div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.chevylegends.com/forum/garage_vehi

Hiya Night. Glad ya joined us. Got any pics of your ride that you can post?
    If it ain't wearing a bowtie, its not properly dressed.

+ Reply to Thread