+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: Teamchevy's 57 Chevrolet 210 Build

Default 04/09/17 Update

Even though it was a nice spring day, I spend today in the shop getting some more done. We put the doors back on to get them off the floor and out of the way for now:

Jen also help me to take the engine off the stand and test fit in back onto the frame with the 57 bell housing installed. It was a bit of a struggle, but all said and done, it fits good from what I can see and I'm happy with it.

Got the floor pinned in and all the body mounts are still loose.

Next up is to tightened down everything and torque them, then weld a couple of more braces in the trunk area of the body, then I think we're ready for a test fit!

Thanks for looking in!

Dave

2. Default

So close really looking good ain't it neat having the wife help.
    Enjoying what I get to do everyday PLAYING IN MY SHOP
    www.fishertrains94.webs.com
    Every one needs a hobby I have 3
    W8AMR
    Laus Deo

Quote Originally Posted by cffisher View Post
    So close really looking good ain't it neat having the wife help.
    It is! Did you see my previous note about what I was planning on doing once it's mounted? Just looking for any suggestions.

Dave

4. Default

All I 'm sure of is it is easier to do the patching before final 'install' of body. Just gives you more room to work. I know its all big and heavy but that's really the only way to do it. You can attach the body to the floor with sheet metal screws to hold in place while working so it doesn't shift on you. Then just weld up the holes when done. Better stay friends with your wife your getting to the on and off again part and it is about imposable doing it alone
    W8AMR
    Laus Deo

Quote Originally Posted by cffisher View Post
    All I 'm sure of is it is easier to do the patching before final 'install' of body. Just gives you more room to work. I know its all big and heavy but that's really the only way to do it. You can attach the body to the floor with sheet metal screws to hold in place while working so it doesn't shift on you. Then just weld up the holes when done. Better stay friends with your wife your getting to the on and off again part and it is about imposable doing it alone
    Thanks for the tips Charlie!

Dave

Default 04/20/2017 Update

No pictures tonight, but an update none the less. I spent some time today making room in the shop to be ready to move the body from the rotisserie onto the floor pan mounted onto the chassis. I added some more bracing between the inner sides of the trunk and connected it to the bracing between the doors and cross car. This was more for my piece of mind likely than anything else. I checked and tightened the body mounts to the torque specs. Now I just have to refresh my mind how I removed it and proceed backwards! Hope to be posting pictures tomorrow night showing the body back on the frame!

Dave

Default 04/21/2017 Update

Big step today! This morning Jennifer and I went out to the shop and started to work on putting the body back onto the chassis. It took us a bit to figure out a plan, but we did it!

First thing was to remove the rotisserie and get the body hanging from the engine hoists. We use one of the stands I made a few years back to set the rear on until we had it positioned:

Next up we moved the chassis under the body and slowly started to lower it, checking clearances as it lowered:

Just about there!:

Slack chain means we're down and in position!

Side view:

Done and moved off to one side of the shop.

Dave

Some shots looking inside the car. Now the fun begins figuring out what areas need patch panels before starting to secure the floor to the body. The pictures make it look better than it is!

It feels great getting to this stage, but still a lot to get done! Thanks for looking in!

Dave

Hard to believe that it was Sept 2012 that the body came off! Time flys!

Sept 02, 2012

April 21, 2017

Dave

10. Default

Another 5 years you'll be out winning trophies
    W8AMR
    Laus Deo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34